OPERATIONS MANAGER | ATLANTA, GA
As we take the BeerFit Running Series across the country, we seek energetic, passionate and highly organized individuals to join our team as an Operations Manager. As a key member of the Operations Team, you will ensure each event is pulled off flawlessly and within budget. Reporting directly into the Director of Operations, Operations Managers are responsible for discrete components of both the operational planning and the operational delivery of our events.
To apply, please send your resume and a brief note about why you’d be a strong candidate to firstname.lastname@example.org with a subject line of ‘Operations Manager’.
What You’ll Do:
- Assist the Director of Operations with all event-planning requirements, including vendor selection, procurement, and permitting.
- Develop operational plans including site and staffing plans.
- Source and manage volunteer workforce to ensure volunteers are used where possible, including outreach in the local community, and assimilation into the overall Staffing Plan.
- Plan and secure Police and Security staff to ensure the event registration area, cash exchange locations, and beer serving points are all secured at all times, including the management of security staff at the event site.
- Manage the Food & Beverage aspects of each event. Ensure proper permits are obtained for serving alcohol where required and sourcing vendors for food and beverage at each event.
- Plan and execute the course route and beer station setup to ensure that the course is properly marked and each beer station is properly setup, secured, and sized for the number of participants expected at each event.
- Create event specific briefing documents for both internal and external use including festival maps.
- Travel to each event to manage temporary staff and vendors in the set-up and delivery of each event weekend.
- Create purchase orders and ensure financial control documents are up to date and accurate.
What You’ll Need:
- Bachelor’s degree from a leading university.
- 2–4 years of experience in event planning and operations with experience with mass participation event planning preferred.
- Ability to travel and work weekends for events.
- Valid driver’s license is required